The Settlers: Rise of an Empire (The Settlers VI) is the sixth game of The Settlers franchise. It was developed by Blue Byte Software and released in 2007.
In The Settlers – Rise of an Empire, players build lively, bustling towns in a medieval world. Everything in this richly detailed, realistic world is visible and lovingly animated. Each Settler figure has his or her own daily routine, with a range of different actions and behaviors that can be observed at all times. The ultimate objective of the game is to expand your empire and become a legendary ruler.
Spur your settlers on to ever greater efforts, develop a flourishing economy, satisfy the needs of your citizens, and protect your people from danger!
There are 7 kinds of units in this game, including military units and neutral units.
- Knight(s): The starting unit. Each knight (Marcus, Alandra, Elias, Kestral, Thordal or Hakim) has a different ability. You can have and start with a single knight only. (But there is a campaign mission that allows you to have more than 4 knights, but it's that mission exclusive)
- Swordsmen: Units that carry swords. They can set buildings on fire using torches from outposts.
- Archers: Units that carry bows.
- Archer mercenaries: Bandit archers that you can train in bandit camp. They carry bows.
- Clubman mercenaries: Bandit swordsmen that can also be trained in bandit camp. They carry a small, round, wooden shield and a short club, and can set buildings on fire.
- Vikings: Barbarians who attack villages and your city, and are hostile to all players. The best way to get rid of them is by training some troops or building a castle wall. They can set buildings on fire and steal women. They use either axes or clubs.
- Wolves: Wild animals who attack you, your allies, neutral players and enemies.
- Bears: Wild animals who attack you, your allies, neutral players and enemies. There is also Polar and Black Bear, but Black bear is one mission exclusive troop to defeat, also the most powerful Wild animal.